Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sagebrush is a short-form first-person narrative adventure about exploring the compound of an apocalyptic Millenialist cult in remote New Mexico years after they collectively took their lives in a mass suicide event. In Sagebrush, you'll investigate the long-abandoned Black Sage Ranch, the former home of Perfect Heaven, an apocalyptic cult formed in the early 1990s under the guiding hand of the prophet Father James.
Inspired by 90s survival horror games as we well as more recent narratively-focused adventure games, Sagebrush tells a story as only a game can, through free exploration of a detailed setting. Based on extensive research into real-world cults, Sagebrush avoids easy answers and black-and-white depictions of cult members, both the leaders and their victims. After creating a number of small game jam games, Nate Berens decided to tackle a larger, commercial project. His first attempt was a project far too large and amibtious for a first-time solo developer, and the resulting soul-searching led to the creation of Sagebrush, a tightly-focused narrative experience
- Inspired by Real-World Apocalyptic Cults -- Sagebrush paints a complex portrait of life in an apocalyptic cult based on research into historical cult groups.
- An Immersive, Lo-Fi 3D World -- an aesthetic designed to evoke the early 3D-era of the 1990s, while still incorporating modern graphical technology.
- A Whole Compound to Explore -- Black Sage Ranch has been fully rendered; explore everything from the trailers where the cultists slept to the abandoned mines in the hills surrounding the ranch.
- Full Voice Acting Cast and a Moody Original Score by the Developer
Logo & Icon
- ""Watching Sagebrush's reveal trailer, above, has made me feel very uneasy... I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.""
- Samuel Horti, PC Gamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
The Sagebrush Dev Blog hosted at TIGSource forums.tigsource.com.
About Redact Games
Redact Games is an independent game development studio based in Ann Arbor, MI. It is currently the solo venture of Nathaniel Berens, a developer, writer, and video producer. Their first commerical project is Sagebrush, a first-person narrative adventure game about exploring a cult compound.
More information on Redact Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.